Statements on Data Protection
The statements on Data Protection are structured as follows
- General Remarks and provisions which do apply to all kind of data processing under the following figures (I.)
- Remarks t on Data Protection which relates to the visit of and concerned data processing on this website (II.)
- Remarks on Data Protection, which relates to data processing with respect to all mandate work for clients in our business (III.)
- Remarks on data protection with respect to non-mandate-related correspondence and contacts via e-mail through a “Kanzlei-kierdorf.de” e-mail address (IV.)
I. General remarks
- Name and contact details of the controller
This statement on data protection is made for data processing by
Controller: Rechtsanwälte Kierdorf (GbR), Geleniusstr.1, 50931 Köln
- No data protection officer
A data protection officer is neither required due to Art. 37 GDPR nor due to § 38 BDSG (German Act on Data protection) and therefore not installed.
3.Actuality and developments
This statement is made in accordance with the legal requirements as of May 2019. It may be subject of future amendments and changes due to legal developments and/or due to the a change of the website`s content or due to a change of scope of our services.
- Subject data rights
As the data subject you have the following rights:
- to withdraw any consent given to us at any time (according to Art. 7, sec. 3 GDPR). This effects that may not continue the processing of data on the basis of your consent;
- to access and obtain information about your personal data processed at us (according to Art. 15 GDPR). You may amongst others obtain information about the kind of personal data, the purposes of processing, the categories of recipients, the expected duration of storage, your subject data rights, the origin of data (if not originally stored by us),the existence of profiling or other automated processing including details about such processing, if any;
- to rectify inaccurate personal data (according to Art. 16 GDPR);
- to erase your personal data (according to Art. 17 GDPR), if and in so far the data processing is not necessary for the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with legal obligations, for reasons of public interests or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data (according to Art. 18 GDPR), as far as you contest the accuracy of data, or the processing is unlawful and you claim for restriction instead of deletion, or you require data, which we do not longer need, for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims or if you did object under Art. 21 GDPR with overriding legitimate grounds
- data portability (according to Art. 20 GDPR), which means to get a transfer of all data to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format ;
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or our place of business (according to Art. 77 GDPR)
- in relation to personal data processed by us due to our legitimate interests (according to Art. 6, sec. 1, paragraph (f) GDPR), you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data (according to Art. 21 GDPR), if you got overriding interest out of your personal situation or if you object against direct marketing purposes (for which you do not need to present overriding legitimate interests).
For more details about these rights, the restrictions on these rights and the legal effects resulting from the execution of these rights, we draw your attention to the GDPR provisions mentioned above.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com and let us know.
- Data Security
We provide appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction or unauthorized access. These safety measures are continually improved in accordance with technological developments.
II. Data Processing with respect to the visit on our website
- Visiting our website
If visiting our website www.kanzlei-kierdorf.de your Internet Browser will automatically send information to the server of our website. The following information will be temporarily stored and processed in a “logfile” until it is automatically deleted:
- IP Address of the contacting computer
- Date, time of access
- name and URL of the requested data
- Website from which access has been made (referrer URL)
- Browser used and the operating system of your computer and name of your access provider
The abovementioned data is processed at SDI for the following purposes:
- To ensure a smooth connection and
- a comfortable use of, and visit to our website
- To evaluate security aspects, and
- for administrative purposes
The processing of this data is lawful in accordance with Art.6 , sec. 1, 1st sent.,lit. (f) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Our legitimate interests are justified by the purposes listed above. We will never use this data to draw conclusions about your identity.
- Use of the mail contact section of our website
Should you wish to contact us with any queries, you may use the mail contact section of our website. For such contact, you must provide,
- your email address
to let us know who is asking for information and to enable us to answer your questions.
- You may add additional personal data by free will
Due to the fact that most people have not the knowledge or avoid the time to encode e-mails, the contact through the mail contact of our website is not encoded. We may draw your attention on potential risks resulting from. We may of course offer you the ability to communicate with us by encoded e-mail. Please contact us by phone about such encoded correspondence to check all details for compatibility. If you provide us with your certificate we may send e-mail encoded and provide you with our certificate. We may stress that any data transfer between us via the internet (such as by e-mail) may never be totally safe and a third party’s access to that data may never totally be excluded.
Personal data provided to us in this way (e.g. name, address etc) is provided by your free will.
The processing of your personal data is lawful in accordance with Art 6, sec.1, 1st sent., lit (a), GDPR due to the consent given by you when submitting a mail contact request.
The data processed following your mail contact inquiry will be periodically and permanently deleted, except we are otherwise requested or allowed by law to store or process such data, especially if a business relationship results from such an inquiry.
- Data transfer to third parties
A transfer of your personal data to third parties will only take place:
- If and in so far as you have given your consent (Art.6, sec..1, 1st sent, lit a GDPR)
- If the transfer is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party according to Art 6 sec. 1, 1st sentence, paragraph (f), GDPR, provided such interests are not overridden by your interests or by the fundamental rights that require protection of personal data
- If the transfer is legally required (Art. 6 sec.1,1st Lit.(c) GDPR)
- If the transfer is lawful and required for the execution of contractual relationships with you (Art.6, sec.1, 1st, lit. (b) GDPR)
The cookie stores information on your device, among other things, the computer and operating system you are using. This does not enable us to become aware of your identity.
The personal data processed by cookies is a lawful pursuit of our legitimate interests under Art. 6, sec. 1, 1st sent., lit. (f), GDPR.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may change the settings in your browser so that no cookies will be stored on your computer or so that before your computer stores any cookie you will be asked to accept the storage of cookies on your computer. Totally deactivating cookies may affect the smooth and comfortable use of our website and some functions on our website may not be operable.
- Data Security website
We use the widely used SSL-encoding for your website visit and the highest encoding level supported by your Internet Browser. Usually it will be a 256- bit-encoding. If Your Browser does not support 256- bit encoding, we use a 128-bit v3 technology. You may be aware if a transfer is encoded from the key logo in your Browser-Status.